Energy & Weatherization

Energy Assistance


Our Energy Assistance program believes in providing equitable, confidential, and reliable energy assistance services to low-income families and individuals. Through the federally funded LIHEAP program, we provided energy assistance to over 4,973 households. We distributed over $5.8 million to help residents cover their gas, electricity, oil, wood, or propane bills.  Please click HERE to make an appointment via our online scheduler.

About the Program

LIHEAP, a federally funded program, assists residents with their gas, electricity, oil, wood, and propane costs. As of the 2021-22 season, LIHEAP can now assist with water bills and air conditioning.

To be eligible for an Air Conditioner or Air Purifier unit, you must be eligible for LIHEAP. Please note: Air Purifiers are only offered in connection with an active State of Emergency declared by the Governor for Wildfire Emergencies and are only offered in those counties named in the declaration.

Puget Sound Energy HELP provides assistance with the cost of natural gas and electricity consumption to qualified PSE customers—with an account in their name or in the name of a member of the household

The program begins in the fall and continues until all funds are committed. Due to limited funding, we are unable to serve everyone who is in need of these services, so do not hesitate to call if you believe you may be eligible. See eligibility requirements below.

Program Updates

The 2022-2023 season is under way!

Lewis, Mason, and Thurston County are scheduling normal Energy Assistance appointments. Emergency appointments may be available for those without heat of any kind but certain restrictions do apply. To schedule an appointment, please use our online scheduler, or dial (360) 438-1100 and speak with an Energy Assistance staff member.

See below for the CACLMT office phone numbers:
Thurston County: (360) 438-1100
Mason County: (360) 426-9726
Lewis County: (360) 736-1800
If you are without heat of any kind, please call our agency to see if there are available emergency appointments.

Those who are low-income and need assistance paying their energy bill are eligible to receive this service.

To further determine eligibility we look at:

  • Household Size
  • Income
  • Heat Source
  • Previous year’s energy usage

See below if your household may be income eligible for heating assistance through the LIHEAP programs or income eligible for assistance through the PSE-HELP program.


Making An Appointment

Our policy is to make appointments over the phone or through our website scheduler. To be fair in applying, we do not accept requests for appointments by email, voicemail, or fax. Due to the high volume of people in need trying to access these services, it is imperative to process all applicants fairly and equally. Please remember appointments are made on a first come, first served basis.  Appointments can be booked online via our scheduler by clicking HERE.  If no online appointments are available, please call our receptionist.

+ Note that our phone lines become extremely busy when we first start scheduling appointments due to the large volume of people calling in. The phone lines are consistently in use during this process.

  • Calls are processed in the order they are received to the best of our system’s capabilities.
  • Please show patience, as well as persistence, when calling to schedule.
  • When you are on HOLD, please do not hang up– as you will lose your spot in line to speak to a representative.
  • It is not uncommon to experience HOLD times of 15-20 minutes, sometimes longer.

We strongly encourage people not to give up calling if there is a busy signal; eventually, you can get through.

To schedule an appointment, please call on one of our opening dates and have the following ready:

  • Pen and paper
  • Electric and/or natural gas account number
  • Last 4 digits of the social security number of whomever is scheduling the appointment
  • Physical/residential address
  • Gross household income for three previous months
What Do I Need to Bring to My Appointment

NOTE: due to the pandemic, all applications are being handled via mail, and we are not conducting any in-office appointments. Please call 360.438.1100 if you have further questions.

  • Social Security cards for everyone in the home. This includes children who are one to seventeen years old. (Please Note: Infants who are under that age of one do not need Social Security cards)
  • Current (Non-Expired) Photo Identification
  • Address Verification
  • Verification of all sources of income/monies received by every household member for the three previous months from the time of your appointment. For example, if your appointment date is in July, please bring in April, May, and June verification.
  • A current heat bill or proof of your heat source. If your heat source is propane, oil, pellets, or firewood and you do not have a vendor who provides you with a bill go to: Forms à Energy à and use the Heat Source Statement for proof of heat source.
  • Qualified Alien Documentation to receive Federal services and benefits, if applicable.
We cannot use previously submitted documentation to qualify clients for a benefit, including Social Security cards and drivers licenses. Please bring all required documentation at the time of your appointment.

* Anyone with zero ‘0’ income and who is 18 or older is required to complete paperwork explaining how he/she paid for food, shelter, and heat at the time of appointment

** If you are a student, your Financial Aid award letter is required.

Skip to content