Come and join our incredible team at Community Action Council; where your passion to serve others and your profession come together.
Please click on the links below to jump to the appropriate job listing.
*In an effort to center the safety of our clients, staff and their families, and visitors first, to align with our values as an organization, and in alignment with guidance from the CDC and local health authorities, all new hires are required to show proof of vaccination status once an offer of employment is extended as a condition of employment.
Mental Health Therapist – Monarch with SafePlace
Career Opportunity: We are looking for a Mental Health Therapist to join our Monarch Children’s Justice and Advocacy Center Program! This position is in collaboration with SafePlace. You will be a part of a team that strives to work with survivors of Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault to reduce barriers to services, provide care that is responsive to each individual’s/family’s needs and works to provide a culturally responsive/social justice/racial justice environment for clients. Clients we serve have experienced interpersonal violence, primarily sexual assault/abuse and domestic violence. The clients we serve often times do not have access to mental health services and this is an opportunity to give back to the community by offering services that are free-of-charge.
Extensive supervision is provided with the capacity to work with survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault while providing evidence- and trauma-informed standards of practice. This position will emphasize providing therapeutic support for clients and assisting in assigning clients to further mental health resources. The Mental Health Therapist will facilitate a Sexual Assault Support Group in collaboration with a trained SafePlace Advocate. The Mental Health Therapist will work closely with our coordinating MDT partners and other Monarch staff. The Mental Health Therapist will also have to carry a small therapy caseload of interested clients from SafePlace. The Mental Health Therapist will have office space located at Monarch and SafePlace. The Therapist will also facilitate a Support Group for survivors of sexual assault. We work with clients of a wide-range of diversity including the range of ethnicity, gender and sexuality. This can include youth ages 13 and over who have consented to services. Services provided include individual, couple, family and group therapy modalities. Both remote and in-person sessions are available. This is a 20-22 hours per week position. Hours are flexible, but may require afternoon/evening availability. The hourly rate for this position begins at $25.97/hour – 31.65/hour depending upon qualifications.
Benefits: CAC offers an excellent benefit package of medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long-term disability and a 401(k). Also included are paid holidays, generous vacation and sick leave benefits.
- Master’s degree in Counseling or Social Work
- Licensed or license-eligible
- Experience in trauma-based treatment, including sexual assault/abuse
- Mental Health;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Therapeutic mental health interventions for children, adults, families, and groups;
- Sexual-abuse/trauma-specific empirically based therapeutic practices;
- Impacts and dynamics of Domestic Violence;
- Culturally competent therapeutic interventions;
- The dynamics of sexual violence and socio-political oppression;
- Family dynamics and signs of emotional and/or physical abuse/neglect of children;
- Crisis intervention and problem solving techniques;
- Basic record management processes and procedures.
- Relate to and communicate effectively with persons of diverse socio-economic, ethnic, religious, sexual minority, education, and handicap backgrounds;
- Identify and address impact of sexual abuse;
- Work cooperatively and exchange information with other individuals, organizations and agencies as appropriate;
- Handle crises;
- Work independently and organize work to meet appropriate deadlines;
- Be flexible;
- Maintain confidentiality and conduct in an ethical and professional manner.
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioner or Psychologist;
- Experience working within a Multi-disciplinary environment;
- Experience at a child advocacy center;
- Bilingual Spanish.
- Review the job description requirements Mental Health Therapist.
- Complete CAC’s job application – CACLMT Employment Application.
- Submit application AND email resume to EmploymentApps@caclmt.org.
- Application submissions open until filled. Early application submissions are encouraged.
Weatherization sub-contractors click here for more information